The Horn Shoppe Forum
July 14, 2020, 09:26:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to re-name Yale  (Read 233 times)
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: June 12, 2020, 08:37:41 PM »

Well considering who it's named after.......A SLAVE TRADER.......but of course this will be scrubbed but I did copy this while it's still there.

Other than that slave trading thing he was a great guy, I bet. I wonder if the left will correct this horrible mistake?

Ed

Elihu Yale
Elihu Yale was an American born British merchant, slave trader, President of the East India Company settlement in Fort St. George, at Madras, and a benefactor of the Collegiate School in the Colony of Connecticut, which in 1718 was renamed Yale College in his honour.Wikipedia
Born:
April 5, 1649, Boston, Colony of Massachusetts, British America
Died:
July 8, 1721, London, England
Preceded by:
William Gyfford (Agent)
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 09:05:34 AM »

Yale can wait.  The left is too busy damaging property, looting, moving statues, renaming streets, painting messages on streets we all pay for, disarming police, etc.  Tongue

The CLT city council decided it would be a great idea to prohibit the police dept. from purchasing tear gas and pepper balls.  Now crowd control will consist of clubs, bullets and other violent responses.  There will be more injuries and deaths on both sides.

Bye-bye 100 million dollars of revenue for the uptown businesses, President Trump moved the RNC Convention to Jacksonville. 

Maybe all these terrible decisions will be a wake up call to the voters, but I doubt it.  My hometown has been "enlightened" by outsiders and pretty much ruined forever.
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 03:56:11 PM »

Road trip Ed.pack up your signs and visit the campus. I’ll bet in a couple of days, you’ll get national attention.
Ed Schilling
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »

Steve, we don't roll that way. We'll take care of business if the left dimocrat, anarchist, looting, cocksuckers cross our paths. We won't go looking for trouble but if it finds us, well, THEN I'll make the news.

I ruined a perfectly good pair of dark sunglasses tonight demonstrating our laser pointers blast right through them. It did and burned a nice hole in it while the beam appeared unaffected by them. I'd hate to get accidentally hit with these things in the eye. Of course we have proper glasses that will block the beam.

There's more than one way to skin a cat and more than one way to back down a crowd of fucking asshole, looting, dimocrat, cocksuckers. We are not going to look for trouble but will NOT back down and will NOT be a victim of violence from America hating cocksuckers, period.

Looks like some in the media have caught on about Eli Yale.........everyone who ever got a diploma from that college named for a slave TRADER, not "just" an owner,  should have it negated and any person who  got a degree there  and a job from that degree should be fired  immediately because they HAD TO KNOW WHO THE SCHOOL WAS NAMED FOR. Unless they are just stupid and ignorant of history and if so, how did they get in there in the first place?   Seems fair to me.

Clemson got rid of Calhoun's name so should not Yale be renamed as well?

How about "Named for a Slave Trader and a Factory for America Hating Non Thinking Liberals". That should and would be a much better description I think.

The LIBERAL DEMOCRATS have allowed their cities to be burned and looted. They have allowed normal people to be robbed and looted. Almost ALL of this has happened in dimocrat controlled cities, including Charleston. That guy is a total POS, just like all the other dimcrats who have allowed their cities to be destroyed.

"In May 2018, Tecklenburg was removed from being a conservator for an elderly woman. Tecklenburg had used his ward's funds to make unsecured loans to himself and his wife totaling $80,000. He had not sought the court's approval as required by law.[17]"

How many blacks were killed in Chicongo this weekend? Who runs the city?

Baltimore?

Seems like a trend, eh?
Ed
edit.....for the curious ....
"The Dazer Laser GUARDIAN, Dazer Laser STEALTH and "Dazer Laser DEFENDER" by Laser Energetics, Inc. are different types of optical distraction laser systems which can temporarily visually impair, illuminate, target designate, warn and/or communicate visually with the intended target. The GUARDIAN incorporates a 250 mW, 532 nm green laser which utilizes Variable Range & Focus (VRF) Optics with an effective engagement range from 1–1000 meters and visible out to 2000 meters. The GUARDIAN is fully compliant with FDA 21 CFR 1040 Regulations. The DEFENDER incorporates a 450 mW, 532 nm green laser which utilizes VRF Optics with an effective engagement range from 1–2400 meters and visible out to 4000 meters. The STEALTH takes the functionality of a GUARDIAN's Optical Distractor, and combines it with an AN/PEQ-15 and also a Tactical LED Flashlight. Unlike other various optical distractors, systems, which use fixed focus divergence angles, all Dazer Lasers use VRF Optics to allow for engagements at ALL ranges, versus being limited to ranges from 10 meters (safety reasons) out to 500 meters (ineffective because beam is too large). All Dazer Laser systems can operate from −20 C to +55 C, are waterproof to 10+ meters for 60+ minutes (model dependent), and ruggedized in accordance with MIL STD-810G requirements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dazzler_(weapon)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:07:43 PM by Ed Schilling » Logged
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 10:18:51 AM »

In Charlotte, the geniuses have trashed and moved the Confederate statues.  Last night they decided to move on and trashed a large WWII memorial.  If our fathers hadn't fought, I don't think things would have gone well for people of color.  But what do I know.

Eugene A. Woods, MBA, MHA, FACHE, is president and chief executive officer of Atrium Health, one of the most comprehensive and highly integrated not-for-profit healthcare systems in the nation.  He had the stupidity to email all the patients (including me) last week to encourage us to not be discriminatory.  Eugene is a black guy that seems to forget that he's been treated fairly and holds a very high position.  He's proof that merit talks in America.  Shit like this makes me crazy.  Huh

Last night in CLT there was a gathering of 400 blacks in an urban street to celebrate Father's Day.  At some point, over 100 shots were fired.  As of now 9 people were shot; 2 died, three are critical.  Five people were hit by cars during the panic.  Out of the 400 people there, there are no witnesses.  Roll Eyes

This whole farce has resulted in tolerance of criminal behavior.  It's designed to cripple the police and does nothing about social injustice.  As Rahm Emanuel famously said in 2008, “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."   Well, the criminals Now have a spring in there step.
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 10:35:31 AM »

Henry, the big question becomes now what do we collectively do. I’ve always believed that my rights end where yours begin. Everyone is talking. Nobody is listening. Nobody in a position of leadership seems interested in problem solving. You can’t shoot every Looter, protester, or idiot waving a Nazi flag. And some people are making a lot of money off of this mess.
Henry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 12:51:56 PM »

...Nobody in a position of leadership seems interested in problem solving. You can’t shoot every Looter, protester, or idiot waving a Nazi flag...

I'm not sure how good or bad leaders can problem solve when the insane clown posses and demented circus freaks are involved.  it's a crazy factor that's off the charts.

Do a few bad cops warrant the reaction we've seen?  Two guys got killed and that started a national melt down even though the cops are charged and going to court.

Last night two black men were murdered by multiple black men and nobody is talking.  There are three more that may die.  BLM should be reacting to that, but they won't.  They're too preoccupied by two isolated deaths in other states and ignore the obvious.  It's easy to focus on changes others should make.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank that is in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, “Let me take the speck out of your eye,” when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. (Matthew 7:3-5)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 12:56:32 PM by Henry » Logged
Steve F

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 05:39:31 PM »

Damn near nobody pays homage to the words of Christ. I have yet to hear anyone in a position of poses or importance ask others for suggestions or comment on how they can individually contribute to better the country. The buck always stops somewhere else. And it’s a sad game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: